The wine town of Lieser
Lieser is located in the river triangle between the Lieser brook and the Moselle. The wine village, with approx. 1300 inhabitants, is a direct neighbor of Bernkastel-Kues.
The beauty of the place is reflected in the splendor of the river and the vineyards as well as the well-known vineyards. In addition to wine bars and wine tastings, the place also offers an extensive network of hiking trails; also for Vitality and wellness hotel Zum Kurfürsten on the Kueser Plateau.
A highlight of Lieser that is well worth seeing is the castle, directly on the Moselle. In the years from 1884 to 1887 the state house was built for the winery owner Eduard Puricelli in the style of the German Renaissance. The son-in-law Puricelli Clemens, Baron von Schorlemer, took over the inheritance after the death of Eduard Puricelli. The palace was extended in 1895 by the architect Heinrich Theodor Schmidt from Frankfurt and served as the residence of the Schorlemer family. It was not until 1981 that the Lieser community bought the castle from the Schorlemer family. In 2001 the castle went back into private ownership. A board along the way informs the visitor in German and English about the history of Lieser Castle. The castle is now being converted into a hotel.