Dreifaltigkeit - footpath from the hotel to the Dreifaltigkeit Kueser plateau
Trinity - walk from the Vital & Wellness Hotel Zum Kurfürsten to the Trinity on a larger map
Duration: approx. 48 minutes on foot (only one way)
Length: 3,8 km
The height of the Paulsberg in the Wehlener Wald is known as the Trinity; it is the oldest pre-Christian cult site on the Moselle.
According to tradition, Boniface put up the sign of the cross here. The “Trinity column is a replica of the original wayside shrine in Rococo style from around 1760. The original stands in front of the cemetery in Wehlen.
The so-called Trinity is located where the hilltop flows into the Wehlener high plateau. At the aforementioned intersection there is an old cross made of red sandstone, which has a special shape: a three-sided column about 4 meters high stands on a triangular base. This wears an almost pointed crown with three triangular image areas on which the three divine persons are depicted. The location of this peculiar Trinity Cross is simply called Auf Dreifaltigkeit.
Three old linden trees, also planted in a triangle, shade the statue. The Holy Trinity Cross used to be the goal of pious worshipers who made pilgrimages there in physical and spiritual needs. The Trinity was and is still a popular destination for excursions; because beneath the broad-crowned linden trees are benches and a playground for children.
Not far from the Trinity you can enjoy a beautiful view over the local villages (Maring Noviand and Lieser) and the vineyards.